Somerset County Cricket Club’s Weston area held their AGM recently at Weston Cricket Club.
SOMERSET County Cricket Club’s Weston area held their AGM recently at Weston Cricket Club.
After area business was covered, club president Roy Kerslake addressed Somerset members on the playing side of the club, and took questions from the floor. Then Guy Lavender, CEO, who was attending his first area AGM, gave members a presentation on the business side of the club and then took questions from the members.
Area chairman Stephen Southwell, said the area AGMs that are held across the club’s catchment areas are a great way for club and members to interact.
The Weston area now has an e-mail address where they can be contacted - WestonareaSCCC@hotmail.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, a club member has found scrapbooks that once belonged to Bill Andrews, who played pre and post-war cricket for Somerset. He also represented Weston Cricket club. The member would be pleased to return the scrapbooks to any family members.
Any one wishing to know more can contact the Weston area committee via the e-mail address or phone Somerset Cricket Club.
- 1 New leadership team for charity
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 5 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 6 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 7 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 8 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
The Weston area committee are one of eight that represent the club and cover Clevedon to Pawlett and across to Cheddar and Wedmore.