Ashcombe donate cheque to charity
Ashcombe Park Crusaders donated their prize money to charity.
ASHCOMBE Park Crusaders won the Over-60s League and in doing so received a cheque for �300.
It was decided that the money would be donated to charity. The attached photo shows men’s captain Graham Wilkinson and ladies’ captain Barbara McGregor presenting the cheque to Roger Duddridge of the Somerset & Bristol British Legion at the Poppy launch.
ST ANDREWS ladies had a comfortable win in the Yetton cup first round, with three wins out of four.
At home, Meg Favis’s rink went ahead and never looked back with an outstanding victory by 19 shots, while Barbara Hugget’s rink had a much tighter game ending with a one shot win.
You may also want to watch:
Away at Donyatt, Monica Pattenden’s rink came away with an eight shot win, but Ann Campbell went down by 14 shots, giving an overall a win for Saints by 14 shots.
The Egham Trophy, a mixed competition was played against Ilminster. While the rinks were shared, the result did not come out in St Andrew’s favour.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
At home, both rinks were 19-11 down and fought back. Phil Villis’s rink finished with a nine shot win, while Tony Steer’s rink were four down playing the last end and picked up a six to win by two shots.
Away at Ilminster, Barry Forse’s rink went down by 11 shots and Gordon Wride by 24 shots, Saints losing overall by 24.
St Andrews 85, Donyatt 71 (Yetton Cup): C Riley, M Millard, J Ware, M Favis 30-11; C Venn, M Wride, S Priory, B Huggett 19-18; N Counsell, I Tofte, J Pitman, A Campbell 14-28; R McMillan, N Senior, A Powell, M Pattenden 22-14.
St Andrews 78, Ilminster 102 (Egham Trophy): J Ware, M Pattenden, D Bailey, A Steer 24-22; P Uglow, A Campbell, B Reeves, P Villis 29-20; C Venn, J Forse, D Favis, G Wride 13-37; R McMillan, J Pitman, S Davies, B Forse 12-23.