Ashcombe Park members enjoying return to competitive bowls
- Credit: Archant
Ashcombe Park Bowling Club members have really been enjoying themselves since the club reopened following the recent shutdown.
Open since the middle of May, the membership have taken the opportunity to return to competitive bowling by participating in the ‘Shutdown Singles & Pairs Cups’.
The finals of the singles competition, which was held over the weekend, was won by Julian Brown who was presented with his trophy by club president Joan McInally.
A spokesperson said: “Bowling is a wonderful way to enjoy being outside and learn a new sport at the same time. It is a great game for all ages, in fact a perfect family activity.”
The club is holding a free open day on Saturday August 1 and would be delighted to welcome anyone interested in trying something different.
You may also want to watch:
For more details call Jane Sansam on 01934 813752 or just turn up on the day.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 3 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 4 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 5 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 8 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 9 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal