Ashley runner-up in Hawkins Trophy
CLEVEDON Golf Club have had a busy time.
CLEVEDON Golf Club have had a busy time. The Hawkins Open men's 36-hole championship attracted a quality field and excellent results were the order of the day.
Heading the leader board after his two rounds of 68 and 68 was County player Matt Kippen from Enmore Park on 136, well clear of the runner-up, home player Ashley Mansell (146).
Another home player, 14-year-old Jamie Tompkins, playing off a handicap of 18, took the nett prize with 135.
Results (Clevedon unless stated): Hawkins Trophy, Matt Kippen (Enmore Park) 136 gross; Ashley Mansell 146.George Piercy Trophy, Jamie Tompkins 135 nett; Chris Stewart (The Wiltshire) 145.
You may also want to watch:
The Seniors Invitational was supported by players from as far afield as Yorkshire and Devon. Blustery scudding showers made scoring difficult, but Ralph Sparkes and his guest David Snowdon from Weston finished clear leaders.
Results: Maskell Trophy, Ralph Sparkes and David Snowdon (Weston) 39 points; Mike Parker and Ian Pope (Long Ashton) 38 (on count-back).
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice
- 9 Hornets' Richardson doesn't take notice of results ahead of Old Centralians
- 10 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards