Ashley runner-up in Hawkins Trophy
CLEVEDON Golf Club have had a busy time.
CLEVEDON Golf Club have had a busy time. The Hawkins Open men's 36-hole championship attracted a quality field and excellent results were the order of the day.
Heading the leader board after his two rounds of 68 and 68 was County player Matt Kippen from Enmore Park on 136, well clear of the runner-up, home player Ashley Mansell (146).
Another home player, 14-year-old Jamie Tompkins, playing off a handicap of 18, took the nett prize with 135.
Results (Clevedon unless stated): Hawkins Trophy, Matt Kippen (Enmore Park) 136 gross; Ashley Mansell 146.George Piercy Trophy, Jamie Tompkins 135 nett; Chris Stewart (The Wiltshire) 145.
You may also want to watch:
The Seniors Invitational was supported by players from as far afield as Yorkshire and Devon. Blustery scudding showers made scoring difficult, but Ralph Sparkes and his guest David Snowdon from Weston finished clear leaders.
Results: Maskell Trophy, Ralph Sparkes and David Snowdon (Weston) 39 points; Mike Parker and Ian Pope (Long Ashton) 38 (on count-back).
- 1 Fears for Weston General Hospital A&E's future after top doctor resigns
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 5 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 6 Christmas lights display for Weston Hospicecare
- 7 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 8 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 9 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait