Asians well beaten at Congresbury
Congresbury beat the Bristol Asians, thanks to a fine knock of 132 from Mike Fisher.
CONGRESBURY recorded a comprehensive 134-run win over Bristol Asians, thanks to an excellent knock from Mike Fisher.
Batting first, Palmer and Frost took the score to 27 before the first wicket fell, Palmer lbw for 14, soon followed by Frost for 10 in an accurate opening spell by Mujahadid.
Ian Perry and Mike Fisher responded carefully, taking the score to 66 in the 18th over. From here, they were able to play more positively and increased the run rate before Perry was out for 55.
This brought Mick Edmunds to the crease who, after spending an over or two playing himself in, opened out in spectacular style, smashing 41 in 25 balls including two fours and four sixes before being bowled.
You may also want to watch:
Fisher took a back seat during all this carnage but then played more expansively towards the end. He was dismissed off the last ball of the innings as Congresbury finished on 295-6 and Fisher 132.
Asians played positively in reply with a number of terrific shots, Doherty being the main recipient, but also lost regular wickets and were never really in the hunt.
- 1 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 2 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 3 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 4 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 5 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 6 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 7 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 8 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 9 Secondary school to expand to allow 900 more pupils
- 10 School producing science champions
Edmunds continued his recent run of good bowling with 2-23 and Doherty was unfortunate to not collect any in a spell of 0-40, before Andrews and Evans bowled well in tandem collecting 4-35 and 4-58 respectively as the Asians innings ended on 161 all out.
This win took Congresbury to third, continuing to play some good cricket at this time. A tougher assignment is expected next week away at Nailsea.