Athletes take on the Freaky Peaky challenge
Four members of Weston Athletic Club took part in the Freaky Peaky challenge.
A BEAUTIFUL day awaited four members of the Weston Athletic Club who competed in the Freaky Peaky duathlon.
The description of the local event is enough to make you feel tired with three bike rides over a distance of 60k, separated by three individual runs over Brean Down, Brent Knoll and Crook Peak totalling 14.5k.
Marc Bostock came in first for the club in 3.09.46, followed by Simon Andrews in 3.20.43. Both achieved significant quicker times than when they previously raced the event.
Nick Cook finished third in a creditable 3.46.44, with Chris Edwards finishing in 4.27.31 and to his delight winning the V60 category prize.
You may also want to watch:
The club’s next race is the Weston prom run tonight (Thurs). The main five-mile race starts at 7.30pm, and is preceded by the one-mile race at 6.45pm.
For more information about all the club’s races, and becoming a member, visit www.westonac.co.uk
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 3 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 4 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 5 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 8 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 9 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 10 Dog falls off side of Brean Down