Athletes take part in Street series
Weston Athletic Club members took on the third race in the Street 5k series.
WESTON Athletic Club members hit the streets of Street to take part in the third race in the town’s 5k series.
Although the forecast gale-force winds failed to materialise, the stronger than normal gusts meant, frustratingly, that none of the club’s runners were able to match their previous bests on the flat, five-lap course.
First Weston man to cross the line was Gerry King in 19.46, closely followed by Steve Kibblewhite in 19.55 and Paul Snelling in 21.51.
Phil Richards took first spot for the club’s women in 21.15, followed by Nia Davies in 23.08 and Georgie Ford in 23.58.
You may also want to watch:
Julie Shergold finished first in her age category in 26.06.
The club’s next five-mile prom run will be held tonight (Thurs) at 7.30pm. It will be preceded at 6.45pm by the one-mile race which is proving increasingly popular with younger runners.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 5 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 6 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 7 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 8 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 9 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 10 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
For more information about this and all the club’s activities visit www.westonac.co.uk