Athletes take part in Street series
Weston Athletic Club members took on the third race in the Street 5k series.
WESTON Athletic Club members hit the streets of Street to take part in the third race in the town’s 5k series.
Although the forecast gale-force winds failed to materialise, the stronger than normal gusts meant, frustratingly, that none of the club’s runners were able to match their previous bests on the flat, five-lap course.
First Weston man to cross the line was Gerry King in 19.46, closely followed by Steve Kibblewhite in 19.55 and Paul Snelling in 21.51.
Phil Richards took first spot for the club’s women in 21.15, followed by Nia Davies in 23.08 and Georgie Ford in 23.58.
You may also want to watch:
Julie Shergold finished first in her age category in 26.06.
The club’s next five-mile prom run will be held tonight (Thurs) at 7.30pm. It will be preceded at 6.45pm by the one-mile race which is proving increasingly popular with younger runners.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 3 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 4 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
For more information about this and all the club’s activities visit www.westonac.co.uk