Athletes travel to Spain for ultra marathon
- Credit: Archant
Three Weston Athletic Club members travelled to Spain to take part in tough races.
THREE Weston Athletic Club members chose to race abroad with Phil Richards and Mark Dunstone competing in a mind blowing 56-mile trail race with 8,500m of brutal climbing on the island of Palma.
They finished together in a respectable time of 13 hours and 47 minutes, while many others failed to complete the challenge due to heatstroke and pure exhaustion.
As a warm up for a full Ironman in July, Phil Tomlinson competed in the Mallorca Half Ironman, where he finished in an impressive 5.01.54 and 11th in his age group.
Much nearer to home, many members ran in the popular Bristol 10K. First club male home was Matt Huxtable in a personal best time of 35 minutes. David Stock was second in 36.36 with Stephen Kibblewhite in third, also achieving a PB of 39.25.
You may also want to watch:
Back from long term injury, Claudine Mercer claimed first club lady in 45.50 with Hannah Dockrell second in 48.34 and Georgie Ford sealing third place in 49.32. Both Hannah and Georgie bagged personal bests along with other club members including Stephanie Shute, Edel Robbins, Julia Withers, Elaine Eldridge, Zak Ghent, Mark Burland and Simon Andrews.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 5 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 6 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 7 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 8 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 9 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival