Athletic earn bonus point victory
- Credit: Archant
Weston Athletic gave a fine performance to defeat Old Bristolians.
Old Bristolians 3 pts
Weston Athletic 39 pts
WESTON Athletic gave a fine performance to register a 39-3 victory at Old Bristolians.
Prime quickly posted a penalty kick for Athletic to take the lead and soon after Josh Wheeler scored a fine try, converted by Prime. Four minutes later, Wheeler scored his second try.
You may also want to watch:
Straight from the restart, excellent driving play from the rampant Weston pack led to an energetic break by the impressive Ford, whose offload set up Ben Wheeler to touch down for his ninth try of the season.
Further intense pressure on the Old Bs scrum led to a second penalty converted by Prime and Athletic were soon celebrating the bonus point try as a succession of forward drives gave Smit the try.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 4 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 7 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 8 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 9 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 10 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
Despite facing a fierce period of attack from Old Bs, their only reward was a single penalty. Ford and Hunt were dominant in the front row and this gave a platform for Athletic to mount numerous incursions into the Old Bs 22.
Another great drive by the Athletic pack took them close to the line and following an attacking scrimmage, the Athletic secured the ball and drove over the try line for Prime to touch down the pushover try, which he then converted.
Athletic were able to contain the last effort from Old Bs and finished with a memorable and well-deserved 39-3 victory.