Athletic earn bonus point victory
- Credit: Archant
Weston Athletic gave a fine performance to defeat Old Bristolians.
Old Bristolians 3 pts
Weston Athletic 39 pts
WESTON Athletic gave a fine performance to register a 39-3 victory at Old Bristolians.
Prime quickly posted a penalty kick for Athletic to take the lead and soon after Josh Wheeler scored a fine try, converted by Prime. Four minutes later, Wheeler scored his second try.
You may also want to watch:
Straight from the restart, excellent driving play from the rampant Weston pack led to an energetic break by the impressive Ford, whose offload set up Ben Wheeler to touch down for his ninth try of the season.
Further intense pressure on the Old Bs scrum led to a second penalty converted by Prime and Athletic were soon celebrating the bonus point try as a succession of forward drives gave Smit the try.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 5 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 6 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 7 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 8 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 9 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
Despite facing a fierce period of attack from Old Bs, their only reward was a single penalty. Ford and Hunt were dominant in the front row and this gave a platform for Athletic to mount numerous incursions into the Old Bs 22.
Another great drive by the Athletic pack took them close to the line and following an attacking scrimmage, the Athletic secured the ball and drove over the try line for Prime to touch down the pushover try, which he then converted.
Athletic were able to contain the last effort from Old Bs and finished with a memorable and well-deserved 39-3 victory.