Athletic romp to victory
Weston Athletic 81 pts Martock 3 pts - GRAHAME Hill's Athletic XV was the only Weston team to take the field on Saturday.
Weston Athletic 81 pts
Martock 3 pts
GRAHAME Hill's Athletic XV was the only Weston team to take the field on Saturday, and they produced their highest score of the season against basement club Martock in Somerset 2 (South).
The hosts made light of the slippery underfoot conditions and they were 17 points ahead in as many minutes.
You may also want to watch:
The opening try by Kevin Hobbs, converted by Robbie Hazzard, was closely followed by Dan Prime's penalty, and two minutes later, Hazzard's burst down the left touchline produced a try for Chris Hurd.
Weston were awarded a penalty try for a trip on Prime and their fourth touch-down was an individual effort by Alex Larkin.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 3 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 4 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 5 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 8 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 9 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
A counter-attack, initiated by 17-year-old Hazzard resulted in Hobbs' second try and Hazzad was next on the scoresheet, followed by Prime's fourth conversion.
Martock responded in the 39th minute with Ross Stanley's penalty for an interval score of 43-3.
In the second half, the visitors tired appreciably and Weston added six more tries scored by Hurd, Stuart Warren, and Chris Young and Darren Hancock who both scored twice. Prime kicked three more conversions and Hazzard one.
Weston: R Hazzard; D Prime, K Hobbs, D Hancock, C Hurd; J Richardson, C Young; D Wheatley, G Hill (capt), M Matthews, A Collins, B Sparks, A Larkin, E Saunders, S Warren. Replacements used: W Hunt, L Grimes, E Monelle, C Ford.