Avon close the gap
Avon Ski Club close the gap on the leaders in the Summer Race League.
AT the latest round of the Summer Race League in Gloucester, Avon Ski Club closed the gap on Exeter to only eight points.
With two rounds to go, Avon have their sights set on not only passing Exeter but Western Counties who are only 15 points ahead.
Avon recorded some great results with Peter Kennell being top point scorer with 26, coming fourth in his age group and winning all three of his head-to-head races. Next was George Case with 24 points and two head-to-head wins.
Oliver Mathew continued to challenge for best Under-9 coming second, and Alex Sayers, Archie Banister and Callum Black all won their three head-to-head races.
You may also want to watch:
With the next round on September 17, and the South West Schools Championship on the September 24, it will be a busy month,.
The South West Schools Championship will see entrants from at least four local schools, Kewstoke Primary, Backwell, Churchill Community School and Chew Valley, who will all be supported by Avon Ski Club at the event.
- 1 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 2 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 3 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 4 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 5 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 6 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 7 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 8 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 9 Secondary school to expand to allow 900 more pupils
- 10 School producing science champions
The championship is an event open to anyone at school in the south west, who is able to at least link snowplough turns. If anyone would like to participate, the cost is �10 for the day (at Gloucester Slope) which includes equipment as well.
They can enter via www.southwestsnowsportsassociation.co.uk or contact Fraser Black on email@example.com