Awards for Strikeback pair
Strikeback Kickboxing Club instructors Gemma Baker and George Katsimpas both received awards at a recent ceremony.
STRIKEBACK Kickboxing Club held a presentation of gradings and awards for Somerset freestyle kickboxing.
Gemma Baker was presented with her second dan black belt. The grading was a gruelling six hour of technical skills. Gemma is an instructor at Strikeback and is a current national champion.
Over her 14 years in the sport, Gemma has been the world, European and British champion, a great achievement for a 19-year-old.
Also at the awards evening was George Katsimpas, who was presented with a special award for dedication to martial arts.
You may also want to watch:
George has been competing at the highest level for over 20 years and has mastered numerous styles of martial arts, becoming a two-time world champion, three-time European and four-time British champion and is the current national champion within kickboxing.
George said: “I’m always learning and I’m happiest when teaching my knowledge and skills to newcomers. The award was a great honour to receive, but for me it’s something I enjoy and want to impart on to our local community within my role as instructor at Strikeback KBC.”
- 1 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 2 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 3 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 4 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 5 Weston woman celebrates a century
- 6 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 7 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 8 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 9 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 10 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
If you wish to be trained by George and Gemma, please come along to Strikeback, Unit 43, Lynx Crescent, Oldmixon, BS24 9DJ, view our website www.strikebackgym.co.uk or e-mail email@example.com or contact Rob on 07899013228.