Away defeat for Winscombe
Winscombe returned from Bagborough with a five-wicket defeat.
WINSCOMBE made the lengthy journey to Bagborough and upon winning the toss, elected to bat on a soft pitch.
After the loss of two early wickets, Shephard (32) and Milnes-Win consolidated against some accurate Bagborough bowling.
The bowling side did not concede a wide in the whole innings as they kept the pressure on, even as Winscombe advanced to 70-2. Regular wickets fell thereafter as Milnes-Win continued his good form to make 78, but Winscombe were only able to reach 161-7.
In reply, Bagborough started well against the quicker pace of Winscombe’s bowling, but Peters (1-18) and Cureton (1-29) kept the pressure on. A burst from Milnes-Win and the reliable Clough reduced the home side to 110-5, but a solid partnership saw Bagborough home by five wickets.
You may also want to watch:
Winscombe persevered well and will hope for better luck against title-chasing Temple Cloud on Saturday.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud