Away success for Hornets’ girls
- Credit: Archant
Hornets Under-15 Girls returned from Minehead with an excellent victory.
Hornets Under-15 Girls 34 pts
Minehead Girls 17 pts
Hornets Under-15 Girls made the trip to Minehead and came away with an excellent victory.
The visitors started strongly and flanker Charmaine Bowen scored the opening try of the game. Minehead struck back with a try of their own, despite some fine defending in particular from Harrie Payne, Tianna Franks and Sophie Adams.
You may also want to watch:
Minehead were coming out on top at the scrums, while Hornets were dominating in the loose, where Millie Mann, Paris Rowland, Meg Robb and Meg Snook were outstanding.
Scrum-half Lottie Dadds and No 10 Ruby Richardson were in excellent form, releasing wings Ella Hutchinson and Ruby Pring. Hutchinson scored Hornets’ second try after a clever step and pass from Dadds and Adams crossed for the third try to put them 15-5 up at the break.
- 1 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 2 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 6 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud
Minehead scored early in the second half, before Hornets played some of their best rugby with Georgia White, Ellen Swetman and Beth Wood heavily involved in a lengthy attack.
It was skipper Katie Reynolds who broke free to score a great try that she converted herself. However, Minehead showed their character to hit back with another try that was converted.
Reynolds scored her second converted try after good play from Dadds, Richardson and Hutchinson. Straight from kick-off, Hornets again clicked through the gears and Bowen sprinted away for her second try.
Chloe Young had a great game in the pack along with Paris Rowland. While behind the scrum, Lottie Dadds and full-back Harrie Payne were both excellent.
Millie Mann was awarded the coaches’ player of the day, while Katie Reynolds was awarded supporter’s player of the day.