Away win for Hornettes
Hornettes defeated Devizes 67-21 in a 12-a-side encounter.
HORNETTES were only able to travel to Devizes with 14 players, meaning the game had to be played as 12-a-side
Straight from the kick-off, Hornettes applied pressure on the Devizes defence. It wasn’t long until Jordan Crook broke the defence and crossed the line. Laura Clarke converted.
Ten minutes into the match it was clear Hornettes were controlling the first-half. Excellent attacks soon resulted in several tries, making the score 50-0 to the visitors.
After the break, Hornettes started making mistakes and Devizes used this to their advantage and getting some points on the scoreboard.
You may also want to watch:
However, it wasn’t long before Hannah Williams made a break and offloaded to Abbey Constable to score, converted by Emma Small.
Devizes used the advantage of having 19 squad members and were able to switch players around which resulted in them crossing the line several times, but were on the end of a 67-21 defeat.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 5 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 9 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
Hornettes’ try scorers: Lou Watson (4), MJ Jenkins (2), Jordan Crook (2), Laura Clark (2), Abbey Constable and Kerrianne Williams.
Any ladies aged 18 or over interested in playing rugby, please contact Emma Small on 07429 868505 for more information.