Away win for Hornettes
Hornettes returned from Ivel with an excellent 30-5 victory.
HORNETTES ladies travelled to Ivel and came away with an excellent 30-5 victory.
Ivel began the game better and scored in the corner to take a 5-0 lead. Almost straight from the re-start, Hornets drove upfield and gained a line-out and after several phases full-back Leanine Swansbury set up Kerrianne Williams to score in the corner.
More good play by the backs and Abbey Constable led to Williams scoring again for a 10-5 half-time lead.
After the break, Williams took a quick penalty to complete her hat-trick. Ivel hit back to put pressure on the visitors, but good defence kept them out. A good break out from defence saw Paul Wognarowsky touch down under the posts, converted by Emma Small.
You may also want to watch:
A penalty by Small extended the lead and the last score was by Wognarowsky, who ran 65 metres to touch down.
- 1 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 2 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 3 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 4 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 5 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 6 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 7 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 8 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 9 Secondary school to expand to allow 900 more pupils
- 10 School producing science champions