Away win for the ladies
Hornettes ladies defeat Old Reds 12-0 in their latest league fixture.
Old Reds Ladies 0 pts
Hornetttes Ladies 12 pts
HORNETTES ladies travelled to Bristol to take on Old Reds in a league game.
Having to drop the flankers and full-back as Old Reds only had 12 players, Hornettes put pressure on the hosts right from the start. The pressure was relentless and Old Reds struggled with their defence and after 10 minutes second row Sara Curtis went over the try line wide of the posts.
You may also want to watch:
The rest of the half saw Hornettes continue the pressure although Old Reds’ defence held solid and at the break it was 5-0 to Hornettes.
The second half saw Hornettes with the slope in their favour and made good use of it with Laura Clarke kicking downfield and chasing on several occasions, but it was good team play that saw winger Lou Watson sprint 30 metres to score under the posts. Clarke was off the field, so Emma Small converted for a final score of 12-0.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 6 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 7 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 8 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 9 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse
Back of the match was Kerianne Williams and the forward of the match was Sinead Boys.
Hornettes’ next home game is on December 11 against Dorchester. Somerset ladies will be playing at Hornets December 4.
Any ladies 18 or over interested in playing rugby, please contact Jenny Cockayne on 07717 790838.