Axbridge Animals reach national junior windsurfing final
- Credit: Archant
The Axbridge Animals windsurfing team has reached the national finals at Rutland Water.
EIGHT Axbridge Animals’ junior windsurfers from Bristol Corinthian Yacht Club travelled down to Poole Harbour for the fourth and final event of the 2014 Team 15 south zone series.
Competing in the 3.5m, 4.5m, 5.8m and 6.8m fleets.
The Animals were short of sailors for the event due to holiday commitments, in fact they went with half a team, not expecting to win, but did themselves, the coaches and BCYC proud by bringing home the winning trophy for the day and a trophy for the whole series.
Many of the sailors managed to get on the podium. Libby Rodgers from Clevedon, managed a first place in the 5.8m fleet, giving her a clean sweep of first places in each of the four events of the series.
You may also want to watch:
Lauren Goodall, who lives in Cross, came away with a second place. The sailors in the 6.8m fleet secured a magnificent first, second and third places with Mollie Densley Robins (Bristol), Josh Hunt (Weare) and Georgie Savage (Weston) respectively.
Seb Cumming from Wells, Charlotte Rodgers (Clevedon) and Ffion Watkins from Ilminster, also put in great performances.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 3 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 4 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 5 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 8 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 9 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
The full team now go on to represent the south zone on September 13-14 at Rutland Water at the Champions Cup National Windsurfing final. The Animals were third at the event in last year and second in 2012.