Banwell Cricket Club captain Dave Pye was re-elected captain at the club’s recent AGM.
BANWELL and Churchill Cricket Club recently held their AGM and another successful season, both on and off the field of play, was reported.
Both of the league teams had recorded high marks for sportsmanship and fair play. The 1st XI has again achieved promotion in the Somerset League and the Under-13 team had won the North Somerset Plate competition.
Also during the season, the club had acquired sightscreens and pitch covers as well as carrying out further improvements to the pavilion.
Dave Pye was again elected captain of the 1st XI and Neil Duncan the 2nd XI. Jerry Wakefield will captain the Sunday side as well as taking over the chairmanship of the club.
You may also want to watch:
Next season, the club will also be fielding an Under-15 team in the North Somerset League as well as an Under-13 side and net practice will start early in the new year.
The club welcomes players of all ages and abilities and interested new players for any of the club’s five teams should phone 01934 832320.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences