Banwell Cricket Club captain Dave Pye was re-elected captain at the club’s recent AGM.
BANWELL and Churchill Cricket Club recently held their AGM and another successful season, both on and off the field of play, was reported.
Both of the league teams had recorded high marks for sportsmanship and fair play. The 1st XI has again achieved promotion in the Somerset League and the Under-13 team had won the North Somerset Plate competition.
Also during the season, the club had acquired sightscreens and pitch covers as well as carrying out further improvements to the pavilion.
Dave Pye was again elected captain of the 1st XI and Neil Duncan the 2nd XI. Jerry Wakefield will captain the Sunday side as well as taking over the chairmanship of the club.
You may also want to watch:
Next season, the club will also be fielding an Under-15 team in the North Somerset League as well as an Under-13 side and net practice will start early in the new year.
The club welcomes players of all ages and abilities and interested new players for any of the club’s five teams should phone 01934 832320.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 5 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 6 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 7 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 8 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 9 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival