Banwell & Churchill crash to defeat
- Credit: Archant
After defeating the league leaders last week, Banwell & Churchill slumped to defeat against Fitzhead.
FOLLOWING Banwell & Churchill’s tremendous win at South Petherton last week, in which after being bowled out for 155, they toppled the Division 4 leaders by bowling South Petherton out for 98.
In confident mood against Fitzhead, Banwell started well and Carter and Gayle put on 37 for the first wicket. After this, Fitzhead took regular wickets to reduce Banwell to 57-4. Despite Bebber scoring a 45-ball three, skipper Diver 19 and Foulkes 15, the visitors were bowled out just 107.
After tea, Fitzhead put on 40 before Banwell took their first wicket, Brooks trapping Shapland lbw for 26. The home side continued to knock the runs off easily, despite Langley (1-28) picking up a wicket following a brilliant catch by Foulkes.
Diver picked up a late wicket with his moon ball, but Fitzhead wrapped the game up in the 36th over scoring 108-3 and winning by seven wickets.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, Banwell are away to Staplegrove in a big game if they want to finish in the top four.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 7 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 8 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 9 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse