Banwell & Churchill crash to defeat
- Credit: Archant
After defeating the league leaders last week, Banwell & Churchill slumped to defeat against Fitzhead.
FOLLOWING Banwell & Churchill’s tremendous win at South Petherton last week, in which after being bowled out for 155, they toppled the Division 4 leaders by bowling South Petherton out for 98.
In confident mood against Fitzhead, Banwell started well and Carter and Gayle put on 37 for the first wicket. After this, Fitzhead took regular wickets to reduce Banwell to 57-4. Despite Bebber scoring a 45-ball three, skipper Diver 19 and Foulkes 15, the visitors were bowled out just 107.
After tea, Fitzhead put on 40 before Banwell took their first wicket, Brooks trapping Shapland lbw for 26. The home side continued to knock the runs off easily, despite Langley (1-28) picking up a wicket following a brilliant catch by Foulkes.
Diver picked up a late wicket with his moon ball, but Fitzhead wrapped the game up in the 36th over scoring 108-3 and winning by seven wickets.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, Banwell are away to Staplegrove in a big game if they want to finish in the top four.
- 1 Fears for Weston General Hospital A&E's future after top doctor resigns
- 2 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 5 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 6 Christmas lights display for Weston Hospicecare
- 7 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 8 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 9 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences