Banwell & Churchill remain unbeaten
- Credit: Archant
Banwell & Churchill recorded their sixth victory of the season against Taunton St Andrews A.
BANWELL and Churchill recorded their sixth win of the season when they beat Taunton St Andrews A.
Stand-in captain Dom Bush lost the toss and the away team elected to bat first. Banwell’s bowlers kept it tight from the start and picked up early wickets. Bush and Kevin Burgess rattled the batsman early on and picked up three wickets in quick succession.
But the main damage was done by Mark Biggs, who ripped through the middle order, picking up four wickets with his leg break bowling.
Elvis Langley and J Pearson were the other wicket takers on the day and ended up bowling out Taunton for a below par score of 135.
You may also want to watch:
Banwell’s openers started off quickly and raced to 50 in no time at all, with Brad Diver despatching the ball to all parts. Mark Biggs got himself in, but then could not kick on and fell for a fine 39.
Diver was still turning the screw and with the finish line in sight unfortunately fell for a hard-hitting 81 with only seven runs needed for victory. It was left to young Jack Masters and Kyran Gale to see the team home, with Masters hitting the winning runs with a straight six.
- 1 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 2 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 3 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 4 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 5 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 6 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 7 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 8 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 9 Secondary school to expand to allow 900 more pupils
- 10 School producing science champions
Another 35 points, six wins out of six and another good performance sees the Banwell juggernaut roll on.