Banwell & Churchill return home with the points
Banwell & Churchill returned from Staplegrove with an excellent 44-run victory.
BANWELL & Churchill travelled to Staplegrove for their latest Division 4 match.
After winning the toss, Brett Diver decided to bat first on a firm looking track. B Carter and J Jones opened the batting and got off to decent start.
With the team 35-0 and going well, Banwell were reduced to 45-4 after T Robins took 3-0 in one over.
M Biggs was still there though and he was joined by the skipper B Diver. The weather was turning wet & just before they came off for rain, Diver (12) nicked one to Newman & Grove were well on top.
You may also want to watch:
After a 20 minute delay for rain, M Biggs and M Bebber started to re-build the Banwell innings and took the score to 110 before Biggs was out for 37. A Foulkes hit a quick 23, well backed up by Bebber (15) and D Chard (11).
It was left to A Brooks (15) and G Kulkarmi (12 not out) to take Banwell to 183 all out.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 4 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 5 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 6 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 9 Customers urged to support local pubs, restaurants and cafes to boost hospitality sector
- 10 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
After tea, Brooks (1-24) made the first breakthrough on 40. It was Biggs who turned the game back Banwell’s way with some delightful spin bowling. He picked up two wickets in quick succession and with Kulkarni at the other end keeping it tight, the visitors were in command.
Biggs (4-19) and Kulkarni (1-25) helped reduced Staplegrove to 86-6.
The spin twins of Diver (0-19) and Carter (1-22) were introduced later on bowled Grove out for 139 in the 45th over with the help of a couple of run outs.
Banwell & Churchill move up to fourth place still have an outside chance of finishing in the top three.
On Saturday, they are at home to Cheddar with a 1.30pm start.