Banwell were denied a chance of victory by rain.
BANWELL and Churchill were denied a chance to chase Chilton Polden’s low score by the rain.
Dom Bush picked up an early wicket, caught by Dave Pye behind the stumps. Chilton took the score to 70, when veteran Johnny Biggs and Bush reduced them to 75-4. Mike Pye came on and helped restrict Chilton to 102-6 with a couple of wickets.
Pearson was brought back and managed to remove the tail, bowling Chilton out for 148. A highlight in the field was Dan Borrett’s attempt to prevent a single.
Unfortunately, between the innings the rain arrived and there was no further play as Banwell picked up 22 points in an excellent bowling and fielding display.
You may also want to watch:
Bowling: Dom Bush 10-1-50-3; Juggy Pearson 9.5-3-25-2; John Biggs 12-3-39-2; Mike Pye 12-4-31-3.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 4 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 7 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 8 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 9 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 10 Changes to bus services in Weston