Banwell were denied a chance of victory by rain.
BANWELL and Churchill were denied a chance to chase Chilton Polden’s low score by the rain.
Dom Bush picked up an early wicket, caught by Dave Pye behind the stumps. Chilton took the score to 70, when veteran Johnny Biggs and Bush reduced them to 75-4. Mike Pye came on and helped restrict Chilton to 102-6 with a couple of wickets.
Pearson was brought back and managed to remove the tail, bowling Chilton out for 148. A highlight in the field was Dan Borrett’s attempt to prevent a single.
Unfortunately, between the innings the rain arrived and there was no further play as Banwell picked up 22 points in an excellent bowling and fielding display.
You may also want to watch:
Bowling: Dom Bush 10-1-50-3; Juggy Pearson 9.5-3-25-2; John Biggs 12-3-39-2; Mike Pye 12-4-31-3.
- 1 New leadership team for charity
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 5 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 6 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 7 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 8 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait