Banwell denied by the rain
Banwell were in a good position when rain curtailed their match against league leaders Purnells.
BANWELL lost the toss against Shrubbery Hotel Cricket League Division 7 leaders Purnells and were asked to bat first.
The accurate bowling of Johnson and Lock, combined with a slow outfield, restricted Banwell and Churchill to only 44 from the first 16 overs. Worse was to follow as the introduction of Jones saw openers Dave Eckett (13) and Mark Biggs (33) back in the pavilion by the 21st over as Banwel were reduced to 63-2.
It fell to Dave Pye and Chris Langley to steady the ship and Pye (71) was eventually bowled by Tucker in the 38th over. The partnership put on 103 and Banwell were taking control of the game.
Borrett joined Langley to continue the assault before also being bowled by Tucker. Bebber took his turn to good effect and although Langley (46) holed-out off Lock, Banwell finished with a respectable 197-5, having taken 82 off the last five overs.
You may also want to watch:
Purnells were reduced to 18-1 before the rain came and the ground became unplayable. Dom Bush took the only wicket, finishing with figures of 4-3-1-1 as Banwell closed the gap at the top to 14 points.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 2 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 10 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset