Banwell denied by the rain
Banwell were in a good position when rain curtailed their match against league leaders Purnells.
BANWELL lost the toss against Shrubbery Hotel Cricket League Division 7 leaders Purnells and were asked to bat first.
The accurate bowling of Johnson and Lock, combined with a slow outfield, restricted Banwell and Churchill to only 44 from the first 16 overs. Worse was to follow as the introduction of Jones saw openers Dave Eckett (13) and Mark Biggs (33) back in the pavilion by the 21st over as Banwel were reduced to 63-2.
It fell to Dave Pye and Chris Langley to steady the ship and Pye (71) was eventually bowled by Tucker in the 38th over. The partnership put on 103 and Banwell were taking control of the game.
Borrett joined Langley to continue the assault before also being bowled by Tucker. Bebber took his turn to good effect and although Langley (46) holed-out off Lock, Banwell finished with a respectable 197-5, having taken 82 off the last five overs.
You may also want to watch:
Purnells were reduced to 18-1 before the rain came and the ground became unplayable. Dom Bush took the only wicket, finishing with figures of 4-3-1-1 as Banwell closed the gap at the top to 14 points.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 6 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 10 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week