Banwell seconds start the season with victory
Banwell & Churchill 2nd XI played their first match of the season, at the sixth time of trying.
BANWELL and Churchill 2nd XI finally managed at the sixth time of asking to play a league match.
Their joy at playing was increased as they also managed to record a victory against a strong Sparkford team.
On winning the toss, they asked their visitors to bat and managed to restrict them to 145-8. The pick of the bowlers were Jeremy Pearson with 1-20 in 12 overs and Brett Diver with 4-27 from nine overs.
Banwell scored the required runs with seven overs remaining for the loss of seven wickets thanks to Mike Caddick (42) and new club members Joe Bryant (39) and Seb Williams (15).
You may also want to watch:
The win was worth 33 points and hopefully will be the first of many that will allow the team to challenge at the top end of their division.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 8 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 9 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 10 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority