VIDEO: Bartlett’s Weston ‘never know when they’re beat’ after wild 3-3 draw
- Credit: Archant
Scott Bartlett praised his ‘brave’ Weston players after yesterday’s (Tuesday) 3-3 draw with Salisbury.
The Seagulls raced into a two goal lead at The Optima Stadium through Owen Howe and Nick McCootie before goals from Dan Fitchett, Kevin Amankwaah and Shaquille Hippolyte-Patrick put the visitors on course for victory.
But Weston continued to create chances and found a deserved leveller through Joel Randall.
Bartlett was pleased with his team's resilience, which has won them several points already this season.
He said: "It was probably a great game to watch, I enjoyed it. It was two spirited teams with good quality on show, and we looked really dangerous at times.
You may also want to watch:
"We were unlucky to concede the equaliser and the third goal was a deflection, which can happen at times.
"To be fair to the boys, they never know when they're beat. We could have shut up shop and gone 4-4-1, but we kept two up top and it was a good move because the boys are brave and that's what they want to do."
- 1 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 2 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 3 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 4 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 5 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 6 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 7 Mother launches fundraising challenge as she battles cancer
- 8 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 9 North Somerset Council launches local test and trace service
- 10 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people