Weston Sea Angling Association will be holding its first open match of the season on the town beach.
THE first of the season’s open matches for Weston Sea Angling Association will be held on the town beach on March 18.
With high water about 4pm, fishing will be from 1.45-5.15pm and competitors may sign in at the clubhouse from 11.45am onwards.
Entry costs will be �10 for adults, �5 for juniors and senior citizens, plus an optional pool of �2 for the heaviest flatfish and round fish. The match winner will receive �200, followed by �100 for second place and �50 for third, plus many other quality prizes.
All fish taken must be above the minimum size limit for qualification. The spring months can usually be expected to yield flounder, codling and whiting with the chance of a bigger cod.
You may also want to watch:
The weigh-in will be outside the Royal Hotel and the prize presentation will be inside at the AP Bar. This will be a Penn points match and the club is indebted to sponsor Paul Cox of Kingston Garage, Clevedon.
Further information may be obtained from 01278 788637.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 5 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 9 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival