Beach to host England volleyball championship
- Credit: Archant
ENGLAND’S premier volleyball players will be heading to Weston for a televised competition this weekend.
The Volleyball England Tour will roll into town on Saturday for a two-day event which will crown the national champions.
The event will take place on Clifton Sands, between the Tropicana and Royal Sands.
North Somerset Council has confirmed that Sky Sports will be screening some of the action.
Its executive member for tourism, Felicity Baker, said: “Weston beach provides the perfect location for this high profile event and we welcome the return of the tour.
You may also want to watch:
“We would encourage people to come and watch and be inspired by these top players.”
There will also be opportunities for anyone interested to have a go for free.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 7 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 8 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 9 Go Again complete sponsored walk from Ashton Gate to Optima
- 10 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront