Beach to host England volleyball championship
- Credit: Archant
ENGLAND’S premier volleyball players will be heading to Weston for a televised competition this weekend.
The Volleyball England Tour will roll into town on Saturday for a two-day event which will crown the national champions.
The event will take place on Clifton Sands, between the Tropicana and Royal Sands.
North Somerset Council has confirmed that Sky Sports will be screening some of the action.
Its executive member for tourism, Felicity Baker, said: “Weston beach provides the perfect location for this high profile event and we welcome the return of the tour.
You may also want to watch:
“We would encourage people to come and watch and be inspired by these top players.”
There will also be opportunities for anyone interested to have a go for free.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 6 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 7 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 8 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 9 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 10 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary