Belvedere crushed at home
- Credit: Archant
Belvedere were comprehensively beaten by Temple Cloud by 140 runs.
BELVEDERE were well beaten by 140 runs at home to Temple Cloud.
The hosts started poorly and captain Joe Gadd was forced to remove himself from the attack as Temple Cloud raced to 60 without loss, but the introduction of Ashfield into the attack saw the first wicket fall on 68.
Success was short lived for Belvedere as both Temple Cloud batsmen raced to 50. The reintroduction of Joe Gadd into the attack saw him take three quick wickets, managing to slow the scoring rate. Ashfield picked up a further two wickets, Cornish two and a run out saw Temple Cloud finish on 287.
In reply, Belvedere faltered from the start, falling to 20-4 after just eight overs. Some aggressive intent from Cornish (27) and Crockett (20) saw some respectability restored.
You may also want to watch:
However, when they were both dismissed, Letherby and Ham batting at nine and 10 showed some fighting spirit. The pair put on 50 in no time with Letherby making 35, including three towering sixes off the Temple Cloud opening bowler before Belvedere were dismissed 140 runs short.
Eurocams man of the match went to James Letherby.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 6 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 7 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course