Belvedere made a promising start against Middlezoy before being denied by the rain.
BELVEDERE entertained Middlezoy and having won the toss, inserted the opposition on a wet wicket offering some early movement.
The hosts made a great start as Matt Cornish got Troman to edge behind to Huish in the first over of the game. Skipper Barnard joined Robberts as Joe Gadd and Cornish bowled with excellent accuracy.
The introduction of veteran Rob Statham had an instant effect as he clean bowled Robberts for 12. Gadd (0-31) bowled a fine 12 over spell without luck and Statham (1-22) bowled in similar fashion restricting the scoring rate.
Watts continued his fine bowling form with two quick wickets, having Lacey well caught at gully by Joe Gadd and bowling the dangerous Musgrave. Barnard was obdurate throughout reaching a fine 50 before the rain came into stop play.
You may also want to watch:
Having taken an early tea, the heavens opened leaving the pitch unplayable. Middlezoy reached 96-4 off 34 overs with Belvedere producing their most impressive fielding display of the season to date. Both teams collected a valuable 16 points.
- 1 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 2 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 3 Cosmetics company creates candle to raise cash for Weston Hospicecare
- 4 New scheme to monitor high-risk Covid patients at home will 'save lives'
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 6 Weston Hospicecare postpones Men's March due to possible lockdown extension
- 7 Community shop seeks new manager
- 8 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 9 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 10 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
M Troman c Huish b Cornish 2
H Robberts b Statham 12
N Barnard not out 52
J Lacey c Joe Gadd b Watts 14
G Musgrave b Watts 6
D Beal not out 0
Total (4 wkts) 96
Bowling: M Cornish 7-1-20-1; Joe Gadd 12-2-31-0; R Statham 10-1-22-1; R Watts 5-0-17-2.
BELVEDERE Cricket Club is holding its annual presidents v chairmans X1 on Sunday at Weston Cricket Club (2pm start).
It is also the club’s 60th anniversary, and the club would like to invite any past players to attend. Refreshments will be available between innings and a social evening will follow in the clubhouse. All are welcome.