Belvedere denied by the rain
Rain ruined Belvedere’s chance of victory against bottom of the table Watchet.
BELVEDERE were denied the chance of winning against bottom of the table Watchet, when rain set in after the culmination of the Watchet innings.
Having won the toss, Belvedere asked the visitors to bat first on a good batting track. McCrea soon removed Lovell well caught at slip by Chadwick for 10 and Broadhead joined in by removing Bishop with a good return catch.
Broadhead (1-38) bowled a fine 12 over spell without due reward. Watchet looked to counter attack through Ketchen and R Strong before Watts (2-29) removed both, well caught in the outfield by McCrea.
C Strong showed good resilience making a battling 39 before Taylor had him well caught by Jack Gadd on the long-off boundary. Taylor (4-21) bowled with great precision as Watchet looked to up the rate. McCrea returned to bowl Woolgrove as Watchet finished up on a below-par 167-9 from their 45 overs.
You may also want to watch:
W-s-M Auto Electricals man of the match went to Taylor for a fine spell of spin bowling.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 Appeal to identify man after sexual assault
A Bishop c&b Broadhead 8
M Lovell c Chadwick b McCrea 10
M Ketchen c McCrea b Watts 17
R Strong c McCrea b Watts 20
C Strong c Jack Gadd b Taylor 39
L Woolgrove b McCrea 10
R Dellow b Taylor 22
S Bradey st Huish b Taylor 22
M Bishop b Taylor 3
C Knight not out 10
A Pyne not out 0
Total (9 wkts) 167
Bowling: S McCrea 12-0-51-2; M Broadhead 12-2-38-1; R Watts 7-1-29-2; D Taylor 10-1-21-4; B Ashfield 4-0-25-0.