Belvedere fall short against Huish & Langport
Belvedere were well beaten by 76 runs at home by Huish & Langport.
BELVEDERE entertained Huish & Langport at Priory School and having won the toss, they elected to field.
Paul Davis (1-28) made the early breakthrough, removing the dangerous Skeets with the score on 20. After that, the batsmen took control and with some wayward bowling and fielding took the score to 120 before Brad Ashfield held a smart catch in the deep off Neil Chadwick (1-35).
Runs continued to flow and the innings ended on 243-3 with Sam Ulker the other wicket taker recording (1-39) off 10 overs.
Belvedere’s innings got off to a disastrous start as both openers were removed by Davies. Chadwick counter attacked with some controlled shots mixed with aggression hitting 14 fours in a fine 78.
You may also want to watch:
Other contributions were made by Brian Hosey (21), Ashfield (20), Neville (15), Gilbody (13 not out) and Crockett (11) as the innings ended on 167-7, with Belvedere falling short by 76 runs.
Eurocams man of the match went to Neil Chadwick.
- 1 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 2 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 3 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 4 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 5 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 6 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 7 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 8 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 9 Secondary school to expand to allow 900 more pupils
- 10 School producing science champions