Belvedere fall short at Ashbrittle
Belvedere lost its opening league fixture at Ashbrittle by 85 runs.
BELVEDERE began their 2012 campaign at Ashbrittle, having had no pre-season games and the league game the previous week rained off.
Having won the toss, Belvedere decided to bowl first. Sam McCrea started well bowling T Hill. A Hill and L Williams took advantage of some early season bowling and some dropped catches to race to the 100 mark.
The game changed quickly as accurate spells of bowling from Mike Broadhead (1-34) and Rob Watts (2-25) were rewarded as wickets fell. MCrea (3-36) finished the innings, bowling C Hill and M Hill in quick succession as Ashbrittle finished on 157.
Belvedere’s innings saw McCrea attack the bowling and at 30-0 the game changed when Neil Chadwick was run out. Joe Gadd and McCrea continued to work hard as Belvedere pushed on past the 50 mark. Joe Gadd was unfortunate to drag a ball onto his stumps and this led to a series of quick wickets as Sam McCrea, Kevin Crockett, Jermaine Jones and Brad Ashfield all fell to Franks.
You may also want to watch:
The innings came to a quick end as off spinner B Pitkin and A Hill removed CJ Neate and Mike Broadhead, leaving Nathan Hancock undefeated as Belvedere were bowled out for 75.
Belvedere picked up 13 points and Ashbrittle 32. For Belvedere, the W-s-M Auto Electrical man of the match went to Sam McCrea.
- 1 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 2 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 3 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 4 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 5 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 6 Mother launches fundraising challenge as she battles cancer
- 7 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 8 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 9 North Somerset Council launches local test and trace service
- 10 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
R Hill b McCrea 0
L Williams c Jones b Broadhead 40
A Hill run out 48
J Bradbury b Watts 10
C Hill b McCrea 14
B Pitkin c Crockett b Watts 0
M Shepperd b Cornish 19
R Williams b Cornish 0
S Franks b Cornish 7
B Franks not out 3
M Hill b McCrea 0
Bowling: M Cornish 10-3-16-3; S McCrea 9.4-0-36-3; B Ashfield 4-0-34-0; M Broadhead 12-1-34-1; R Watts 9-1-25-2.
N Chadwick run out 3
S McCrea c A Hill b B Franks 31
J Gadd b Bradbury 4
M Cornish c R Hill b A Hill 6
K Crockett c A Hill b B Franks 0
J Jones b B Franks 1
B Ashfield b B Franks 0
R Watts c M Hill b Pitkin 6
N Hancock not out 0
C Neate b A Hill 2
M Broadhead ct A Hill b Pitkin 3