Belvedere lose top spot after defeat
Belvedere lost top spot in the league after losing to nearest challengers Peasedown St John.
BELVEDERE were soundly beaten by visitors Peasedown St John, who took over top spot.
Fortunately, results elsewhere went Belvedere`s way, so victory in their last match of the season will secure promotion.
Peasedown St John won an important toss inserting Belvedere on a wet, drying wicket. Kevin Crockett fell after only two balls and Belvedere worked hard to reach 56-2, with Sam Neate (18), Neil Chadwick (16) and Mike Hosey (13) digging in against an impressive attack.
Belvedere slumped to 75-9 and only a last wicket partnership of 32 between Jack Neville (22) and Brian Hosey (9 not out) enabled Belvedere to crawl past the 100 mark dismissed for just 107.
You may also want to watch:
In response, despite the best efforts of openers Sam Mccrea (9-3-27-0) and Nil Chatterjee (12-2-41-2), Peasedown encountered few scares and they steadily eased to victory in the 30th over losing just two wickets to Chatterjee.
- 1 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 6 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 7 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 8 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 9 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 10 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases