Belvedere maintain their status
Belvedere maintained their Division 1 status, despite losing at home to Purnells.
BELVEDERE entertained Purnells and having lost the toss were asked to bat first.
Having made a solid start, Newman was first to go, followed by Lodge for an aggressive 21. Gregory accounted for McCrea and Crockett to leave Belvedere struggling at 46-4.
Watts joined Chadwick and they set about rebuilding the innings. Having put on 100, Belvedere accelerated in the last eight overs, adding an extra 70 to the total with Belvedere reaching 215-4.
Chadwick reached his century, hitting the last ball of the innings for six. Watts finished unbeaten on 67 from 84 balls, including seven fours and two sixes, while Chadwick’s 103 came from 124 balls including 12 fours and one six.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, Purnells got off to a flying start as Francis and Brooks put on 84 before Watts (1-28) made Brooks edge behind to Hancock for 38. Belvedere were poor in the field, dropping numerous chances.
The introduction of Crockett had an immediate effect as Casling lobbed to McCrea at long-on for a fine 45. Gregory joined Francis and they saw Purnells home with Francis compiling a well made 106 not out.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 5 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 8 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
Belvedere maintained their first division status in a tough season as their young side continue to gain valuable experience.
W-s-M Auto Electricals man of the match went to Chadwick for a fine century.
R Newman c Gregory b Snook 6
J Lodge b Gregory 21
N Chadwick not out 103
S McCrea lbw Gregory 5
K Crockett b Gregory 1
R Watts not out 67
Total (4 wkts) 215
M Brooks c Hancock b Watts 38
M Francis not out 106
R Casling c McCrea b Crockett 45
P Gregory not out 19
Total (2 wkts) 217
Bowling: S McCrea 7.4-0-46-0; D Fairhurst 3-0-26-0; P Davis 4-0-22-0; R Watts 4-0-28-1; N Chadwick 10-0-59-0; K Crockett 7-0-35-1.