Belvedere relegated for the first time
Belvedere were relegated to Division 2 of the Somerset League, despite winning their last match.
BELVEDERE completed their league season with a 29-run defeat of fellow relegated side Castle Cary.
Asked to bat first, Belvedere were given a steady start by Neil Chadwick and Michael Hosey on a difficult batting wicket. The pair added 72 for the first wicket before Hosey fell for 29. Chadwick followed shortly after for 32.
Kevin Crockett held the remainder of the innings together as wickets fell regularly and he was the only other batsmen to reach double figures with 44 as Belvedere closed on 144-8.
Sam McCrea gave Belvedere the perfect start with two early wickets, but at 84-4 the game was evenly poised.
You may also want to watch:
The introduction of spin twins Nil Chatterjee and Chadwick had a devastating effect as Cary subsided to 125 all out.
Aided by two run outs, Belvedere bowlers McCrea (2-21), Bradley Ashfield (2-45), Chatterjeee (1-30) and Eurocams man of the match Chadwick (3-13) all performed admirably.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 4 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 5 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 6 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 7 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 8 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 9 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 10 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
Belvedere will look to bounce back to Division 1 of the Somerset League next season after suffering their first relegation.