Belvedere relegated for the first time
Belvedere were relegated to Division 2 of the Somerset League, despite winning their last match.
BELVEDERE completed their league season with a 29-run defeat of fellow relegated side Castle Cary.
Asked to bat first, Belvedere were given a steady start by Neil Chadwick and Michael Hosey on a difficult batting wicket. The pair added 72 for the first wicket before Hosey fell for 29. Chadwick followed shortly after for 32.
Kevin Crockett held the remainder of the innings together as wickets fell regularly and he was the only other batsmen to reach double figures with 44 as Belvedere closed on 144-8.
Sam McCrea gave Belvedere the perfect start with two early wickets, but at 84-4 the game was evenly poised.
You may also want to watch:
The introduction of spin twins Nil Chatterjee and Chadwick had a devastating effect as Cary subsided to 125 all out.
Aided by two run outs, Belvedere bowlers McCrea (2-21), Bradley Ashfield (2-45), Chatterjeee (1-30) and Eurocams man of the match Chadwick (3-13) all performed admirably.
- 1 WIN: Tickets to Michael Starring Ben at Weston's Playhouse Theatre
- 2 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 3 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 4 Go Again complete sponsored walk from Ashton Gate to Optima
- 5 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 6 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 7 Congresbury secure Crown Green Bowls win with Nailsea to level scores
- 8 Teenager Macy Noad wins silver medal in British Triathlon Grand Finals
- 9 Haywood Village maintain winning start to season against Worle Rangers A
- 10 Weston AFC 'want to win every game' they play in insists Laird
Belvedere will look to bounce back to Division 1 of the Somerset League next season after suffering their first relegation.