Belvedere seconds battling against relegation
Belvedere 2nd XI sit in one of the relegation places with just one match to go.
BELVEDERE 2nd XI entertained Wembdon, needing a victory in their battle against relegation.
Wembdon elected to bat and scored steadily throughout their innings and it was not until the introduction of Nil Chatterjee in the 25th over, did Belvedere’s fortunes change.
Chatterjee dismissed Syvret and took four more wickets to complete a five-wicket haul, although some late hitting from Young (25 not out) enabled the visitors to finish on 204-7.
All Stars Sports Bar man of the match Chatterjee finished with 5-28 off 10 overs, Andy Platts (1-26 off five) and James Parker (1-69 off 12), while James Robinson (8-1-33-0) and Neil Chadwick (10-2-40-0) were unfortunate to finish wicketless.
You may also want to watch:
Belvedere’s response was halted by a heavy rainstorm after only eight overs with the score on 40-2 with Platts (14) and Parker (17) the wickets to fall.
Belvedere head into their last game of the season occupying one of the relegation places, nine points behind Bridgwater Sports.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 6 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 7 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 8 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 9 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 10 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary