Belvedere snatch one wicket victory
Belvedere seconds defeated Chilton Polden by one wicket in their latest league match.
AFTER winning the toss, Belvedere seconds asked Chilton Polden to bat first in blustery conditions at Priory School.
The opening pair of CJ Neate (1-34) and Paul Davis (2-41) toiled in the testing conditions, but got their reward when Neate bowled Chilton. The introduction of Jamie Britton had a devastating effect as Hosey caught the dangerous Alway with the score on 73.
Britton then went through the batting order, claiming 6-16 and the innings ended on 94.
At 12-3, Belvedere weren’t having it all their own way, but CJ Neate (29) and Neville (18) steadied the innings with a 47-run partnership before another clatter of wickets followed, leaving the last pair to find nine runs, which they duly obliged with Davis hitting a boundary straight down the ground.
You may also want to watch:
Eurocams man of the match was Jamie Britton.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice
- 9 Hornets' Richardson doesn't take notice of results ahead of Old Centralians
- 10 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards