Belvedere snatch one wicket victory
Belvedere seconds defeated Chilton Polden by one wicket in their latest league match.
AFTER winning the toss, Belvedere seconds asked Chilton Polden to bat first in blustery conditions at Priory School.
The opening pair of CJ Neate (1-34) and Paul Davis (2-41) toiled in the testing conditions, but got their reward when Neate bowled Chilton. The introduction of Jamie Britton had a devastating effect as Hosey caught the dangerous Alway with the score on 73.
Britton then went through the batting order, claiming 6-16 and the innings ended on 94.
At 12-3, Belvedere weren’t having it all their own way, but CJ Neate (29) and Neville (18) steadied the innings with a 47-run partnership before another clatter of wickets followed, leaving the last pair to find nine runs, which they duly obliged with Davis hitting a boundary straight down the ground.
You may also want to watch:
Eurocams man of the match was Jamie Britton.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 6 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 7 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 New leadership team for charity