Berrow and Burnham blitzed
Avenue Tennis Club head coach Vinny Duddy and Craig Phillips continued their tennis blitz tour of the local junior schools spending a day at Berrow and two days at Burnham Infants.
AVENUE Tennis Club head coach Vinny Duddy and Craig Phillips continued their tennis blitz tour of the local junior schools spending a day at Berrow and two days at Burnham Infants.
With Wimbledon having started and Andy Murray winning Queens, the Burnham-based club are hoping to encourage more children down to the tennis club to get involved in the coaching or the Friday night fun sessions.
The club will be holding its open day on July 3, all are welcome to attend the free coaching with racket demos from Tony Pryce and Prince. Strawberries and cream, teas, Pimms, the Somerset men’s and ladies’ closed finals will be live on court and the Wimbledon men’s final will be on the large screen.
A new membership deal will also be available throughout July, with nine months for the price of six. For adult memberships, this will also include three free group coaching lessons.
You may also want to watch:
The next tennis camps will run during the summer school holidays for three weeks (week 1: July 25-29, week 2: August 1-5 and week 3: August 22-26.
Junior coaching sessions are available at the Avenue every night of the week and on Saturdays from 9am-2.30pm for all age groups and standards.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 8 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 9 Brain tumour survivor Lyra, aged 7, aims to top charts with Christmas charity single
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
Adult coaching is available for beginners/returners to the game on Friday nights (6.30-8pm) and for players who have played before on a Thursday (7.15-9.15pm). If you just want to keep fit, why not try out cardio tennis on Wednesday evenings from 7.30-8.30pm.
Details of coaching and what’s on can be obtained from the club’s website www.avenuetennis.com or you can ring the club on 01278 782758.