Bev wins two gold medals at SE England Championships
- Credit: Archant
Gemini Tae-Kwon-Do Club member Bev Milner Simmonds won two gold medals at the SE England Championships held in Guildford.
GEMINI Tae-Kwon-Do Club, who train at King Alfred School, Burnham, competed in four adult classes at the SE England Tae-Kwon-Do Championships in Guilford.
Bev Milner Simonds also trains twice a week at Burnham and this was her second competition. She won both her final in the sparring and joined forces with two other competitors to form a tag team.
Sarah Milner Simonds trains twice a week at Burnham and competed for the first time. She made it to the final in her division and fought hard in the sparring final, but her more experienced competitor won on the day.
Rob Lambert, from Street, has been training for four years at the Cheddar and Burnham schools with his nine-year-old son. He competed against 12 other (red) belt students in the sparring and patterns competitions and won a bronze medal in both divisions.
You may also want to watch:
Gemini Tae-Kwon-Do train every Tuesday and Thursday at King Alfred School in Burnham.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 4 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 5 Restaurant donates meals to key workers, teachers and pupils
- 6 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 7 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 8 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 9 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 10 Mass rollout of Oxford vaccine begins in North Somerset