Big Bash returns at Uphill
- Credit: Archant
Uphill Castle Cricket Club’s annual cricket and music festival returns on August 24.
UPHILL Castle Cricket Club is delighted to announce their annual cricket and music festival will return later this month.
The Big Bash will take place on August 24 at the Uphill Castle grounds on Bridgwater Road.
The day will start with a cricket tournament, 10 overs a side and will follow the same format as the T20 cricket of the professional game. This year teams are playing for the Stowford Press. Westons Cider, the company who brew Stowford Press, have kindly become the new sponsor of the Big Bash festival for the next three years.
Teams playing this year include Uphill Castle, Uphill Strugglers, Weston, Belvedere, the Dolphin and newcomers to the tournament Hornets.
You may also want to watch:
During the tournament which starts at 10am, there will be a live DJ playing music between innings and when boundaries are hit. There is also have a barbecue and two bars running all day.
The Club is also proud to announce they have formed a partnership with Jaan Indian Restaurant of Whitecross Road. During the day they will providing a pop-up kitchen, supplying Indian cuisine throughout the day and late into the night.
- 1 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 2 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 3 Cosmetics company creates candle to raise cash for Weston Hospicecare
- 4 New scheme to monitor high-risk Covid patients at home will 'save lives'
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 6 Weston Hospicecare postpones Men's March due to possible lockdown extension
- 7 Community shop seeks new manager
- 8 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 9 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 10 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
When the cricket is over, the fun begins with the biggest ever line-up of live music on the outdoor stage. The club has secured the bookings of three of Weston’s biggest bands.
This year the bands include The Stanleys, Reoffender, Reoffender and Big Bash favourites The Moderations.
The music starts at 7.30pm and ends at 11pm. Entry is free into the ground before 6pm and only £2 thereafter.