Big victory for United
Weston United ran out comfortable 66-5 winners over Imperial.
Imperial 5 pts
Weston United 66 pts
UNITED kicked off into a low sun and set about their business for the afternoon.
James Reid was first to go over and Luke Blizzard added the extras. A second try followed for Blizzard, before Imperial enjoyed their best part of the half. Skipper Sprague relieved the pressure when he charged the length of the pitch to score.
You may also want to watch:
Main then touched down the first of two tries, Down crossed for a score before Main, again, had the final say of the half, Blizzard converting five of the six tries.
I am pleased to report that although the score rate dropped off during the second half there was no distraction to the United’s game.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 5 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 6 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 7 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 8 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 9 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
Further tries followed in the second half for Withers, a second for Sprague and impressively two for Caton who came off the bench. Withers gave a solid performance, returning from injury only to be marred by a last minute yellow card. Imperial rallied in the closing minutes and the pressure applied resulted in a deserved unconverted try.
Other players of note were Main, who has a terrific influence. Blizzard showed improvement and Oupoh looked good and finished at full-back for the battered Fletcher.