Big win for Banwell
Banwell & Churchill defeated Castle Cary by 159 runs in their first league match of the season.
BANWELL and Churchill’s two league teams played their first matches of the season.
The 1st XI enjoyed a big win at Castle Cary. Batting first, they amassed 260-5. Brad Diver, Mike Adams and Kieran Gale scored half centuries.
In reply, Castle Cary closed on 101-6 to leave Banwell the winners by 159 runs, collecting 31 points in the process.
The 2nd XI were involved in a high-scoring match on an excellent Churchill wicket. They lost to their youthful opponents, Wellington 3rd XI by 14 runs, but were able to pick up 19 league points.
You may also want to watch:
Wellington were bowled out for 205 with debutant Bob Hurford taking 4-30. In reply, Banwell were dismissed for 191 with Chris Ratcliffe scoring a fine half century.
- 1 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 2 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 3 Cosmetics company creates candle to raise cash for Weston Hospicecare
- 4 New scheme to monitor high-risk Covid patients at home will 'save lives'
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 6 Weston Hospicecare postpones Men's March due to possible lockdown extension
- 7 Community shop seeks new manager
- 8 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 9 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 10 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats