Biggles and Ginger crash land at Mendip Spring
- Credit: Archant
Biggles and Ginger ‘crash landed’ at Mendip Spring Golf Club, as two new captains start their campaign.
Mendip Spring golfers took time out from thoughts of the Ryder Cup at Hazeltine when Biggles and Ginger ‘crash landed’ at the Congresbury course.
When unmasked, it appears that Biggles was not the adventurer books pilot nor his talented mechanic and would-be pilot Ginger Hebblethwaite.
It was none other than the club’s new club captain Mike Dury along the new lady captain Sue Acland, making their entrance for the captain’s drive-in.
“I’ve been thinking all year about how we should mark our arrival and I was lucky to borrow a genuine helmet belonging to a friend,” said Dury. “He was a Mosquito pilot but he is sadly no longer with us.”
You may also want to watch:
Mike and Sue, who take over from Carl Cowling and Jenny Roberts, have decided that their charity this year will be Children’s Hospice South West.
“It is a local charity with a beautiful place which needs help to achieve their commitment to making the most of short and precious lives,” added Drury.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 8 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 9 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 10 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
“Sue and I have visited them a Wraxall and it is a beautiful place which makes you appreciate having healthy children of your own.”
Joining Dury and Acland on the Texas scramble round were the seniors’ new captain Glyn Toller and the new junior captain Ollie Brimfield.
Junior captain Ollie Brimfield, club captain Mike Dury, ladies’ captain Sue Acland and seniors’ captain Glyn Toller. Picture: Hazel Lusted.