Bill on top form
TABLE TENNIS - WALTON Wanderers recorded a fine 9-1 win with Bill Bruton on form, joined by two of his Division 2 team members.
WALTON Wanderers recorded a fine 9-1 win with Bill Bruton on form, joined by two of his Division 2 team members.
Bill with three wins, lost a game to Vets A's Ken Warner. Colin Lewis worked hard against Andy Elliott winning the first two 7 and 3, lost two and then in the fifth at eight-all, crept over the winning line with a lucky net. Lewis and Ann Sandford conceded a close doubles to Elliott and Matthew Bridgwater.
Winsc Renegades in top spot and still undefeated, had a close 7-3 win over Winsc Rebels. Trevor Jones won all three in four games against Rebels' Rob Hansen and worked hard to keep Dave Hunt at bay in five games.
Hunt took two for Rebels and Mike Baker one. Jones and Paul Hayward won the doubles in four against Mike Baker and Hunt.
You may also want to watch:
Totterdown Revolutions in second place in Division 1, benefited from a 10-0 success over Totterdown C, Barry Lewis had close games against C teams' Rick Cross and Mark Price and only took the match against Gary Chell 11-9 in the fifth.
Chell was unlucky not to take a point, he won a game from Graham Cheeseman and lost in five to Neil Clements.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 3 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 4 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 5 Restaurant donates meals to key workers, teachers and pupils
- 6 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 7 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 8 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 9 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 10 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
In Division 2, Cleeve and Claverham Banwell's young players, Jade Cope, Beth Atkinson and Hannah Cope gave a good account of themselves against Walton Village with some close games, but were no match for the experienced Village team who won all their matches.
Jade Cope came close against Matthew Fligelstone losing narrowly in the fourth game. Beth Atkinson had two close games against Michael Elliott. Village won 30-1.
Steven Lu of Rookery Rooks in good form sailed through with three wins against C & C Cobras. Kiem Mu, also three lost one game to Cobras' Simon Thomas. Mu just scraped home 10-12 in the third against Rick Hutchinson. Rookery won the match 21-10.