Birthday celebrations for Wallice
- Credit: Archant
Weston Boxing Club member Wallice Attwell celebrated his birthday in style, but winning his bout in East London.
WESTON Boxing Club travelled to East London with National Schoolboy finalist Wallice Attwell to face Waltham Forest’s Joe Payne.
Giving away half a stone and boxing a local lad, Wallice was up against it, and being his 14th birthday, he was determined to celebrate in style.
The aggressive Payne charged, but Wallice stepped to the side countering with multiple punch combinations. The three rounds where relentless from Payne, but the skill was all Wallice, who gained an unanimous points win.
Three more Weston boxers competed in Swindon and one in Bath. First in Swindon was unbeaten 35kg 11-year-old Jiley Lamb, who faced host club boxer Jake Stevens of Horseshoe ABC.
You may also want to watch:
Jiley is a capable young boxer and controlled this contest from beginning to end to gain the decision on all the officials’ cards.
After this it was all downhill for the Weston boxers. Wesley Williams lost to Horseshoe’s Kayden Connelly and Aiden Claridge lost to David Kullis of Oackley ABC, Sussex.
- 1 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 2 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 3 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 8 New leadership team for charity
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
It also did not go so well for Scot Davey at Bath, as he found difficulty getting past the long arms of Billy Cochrane of Barton Hill, also losing on points.
Attwell, Lamb and Weston Warriors boxers will all be out boxing on Saturday at Yeovil’s Westland Helicopters.