Blazer badge for Steve
Weston’s tighthead prop Steve Donegan is the latest player to earn his blazer badge for 65 first team appearances.
WESTON’S tighthead prop Steve Donegan reached a personal milestone last Saturday when he made his 65th first team appearance in the match against Bridgwater to qualify for his club blazer badge.
Donegan (33) was born in Enniskillen, Northern Ireland, and was educated at St Rowland Primary School before moving to Weston where he attended Worle Comprehensive School.
He did not start playing rugby until the age of 22, serving his apprenticeship in the Seasiders Athletic and United teams before making his first team debut as a replacement in the home match against Old Patesians in March 2005.
He has also made 84 appearances for Weston United and 62 for the Athletic.
You may also want to watch:
His badge was presented to him by club chairman Peter Sloman after Saturday’s match.
- 1 New leadership team for charity
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 5 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 6 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 7 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 8 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait