Blustery conditions for anglers
- Credit: Archant
Anglers at Shiplate Farm were greeted by blustery conditions for the teams of three competition.
BLUSTERY damp conditions greeted the anglers fishing round five of the Shiplate Farm teams of three.
The gusts died down for a while, but returned later in the match. This being the penultimate round, all fish caught were highly valued.
Individual winner of the day was John Hawkins (Wormheads) on peg 12 Main Lake, with 83lb 4oz, caught on the pole using corn.
Top Team of the day were Wormheads with 21 points, putting them joint leaders in the series at this crucial time.
You may also want to watch:
Section winners were Ron Stark (Jesters) (p1), Hawthorns, 36lb 8oz; Jason Bird (BCFC) (p7) Main Lake, 44lb; Andy France (Endpeggers) (p14) Westpool, 69lb 8oz.
Silvers went to Julian Pinkett (Wormheads) (p5), Hawthorns 7lb 4oz; Lewis Jones (DrennanSW) (p14) Main Lake, 24lb; Johnny Page (DrennanSW) (p11) Westpool, 19lb 8oz.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 6 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 10 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week