Blustery conditions for anglers
- Credit: Archant
Anglers at Shiplate Farm were greeted by blustery conditions for the teams of three competition.
BLUSTERY damp conditions greeted the anglers fishing round five of the Shiplate Farm teams of three.
The gusts died down for a while, but returned later in the match. This being the penultimate round, all fish caught were highly valued.
Individual winner of the day was John Hawkins (Wormheads) on peg 12 Main Lake, with 83lb 4oz, caught on the pole using corn.
Top Team of the day were Wormheads with 21 points, putting them joint leaders in the series at this crucial time.
You may also want to watch:
Section winners were Ron Stark (Jesters) (p1), Hawthorns, 36lb 8oz; Jason Bird (BCFC) (p7) Main Lake, 44lb; Andy France (Endpeggers) (p14) Westpool, 69lb 8oz.
Silvers went to Julian Pinkett (Wormheads) (p5), Hawthorns 7lb 4oz; Lewis Jones (DrennanSW) (p14) Main Lake, 24lb; Johnny Page (DrennanSW) (p11) Westpool, 19lb 8oz.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences