Bonus point victory for Burnham
Burnham gained a bonus point in their victory over Devonport Services.
Burnham 27 pts
Devonport Services 19 pts
BURNHAM eventually emerged triumphant after a hard struggle, gaining a valuable bonus point against a determined Services side.
Fortunately for Burnham, their renowned pack took control after a shaky first-half. The visitors started strongly and took the lead with a penalty, before Burnham replied with a penalty of their own.
You may also want to watch:
The Services took the lead again when Burnham lost possession, allowing their outside centre to slot home a drop goal. The home side came back into the game when after a series of penalties, they scored a pushover try, with Stuart Blake claiming the touch down, Tim Piper kicking the extras.
However, almost immediately, a Devonport interception set up a clutch of phases before creating enough space to send their right winger under the posts and they added another penalty on the stroke of half-time to lead 10-19.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Burnham’s team talk during the interval paid dividends because from then on Burnham kept the ball tighter and used all set plays to great advantage, resulting in a penalty try, another pushover try for Blake and finally, after a well-controlled drive, Mike Hocking drove over.