Brad inspires Weston academy players
- Credit: Archant
Weston FC academy produce Brad Ash was on hand to inspire the Under-13s in their match on the main pitch at Weston.
WESTON Under-13s got a taste of what it would be like to be first team players when they played on the main pitch against a strong Reading side.
The match was recorded by Under-18s captain James Hodgkinson, while first team manager Craig Laird, academy graduate Brad Ash and press officer Simon Stephens were on hand to support the boys.
Under-13 manager Liam James said: “It was a great experience for the lads to play on the first team pitch. Our focus at the moment is to develop the lads in playing the right way and I would love to see these players progress into the first team in the future.”
Brad Ash, aged 17, is a product of the Seagulls academy and is one of the youngest players to be signed for the first team. While studying a BTEC in Sport at Weston College, Brad is motivated in developing aspiring footballers in Weston’s academy in his spare time.
You may also want to watch:
He has been selected to represent the South West British College team and an England Select Under-23 squad.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 5 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 6 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown